Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This Must Be Karma

OK, what did I do in a past life? I must have been quite a bad person...maybe I sold slaves? Maybe I stole a kitten from a child? Maybe I was a lawyer?

This showed up in the mailbox last night, of all nights:

Yes, a baby shower invite for M2, the one having twins...the one who doesn't like little ones under a year old...the one who will have her children (plural) before me.

Maybe I was the one in a past life who said that chocolate was not a necessary part of the daily diet...I dunno, but I did something. Something baaaaaaaaddddd...

Anyways, I'm done PWP...Posting While Pissed. I think I was a bit melodramatic yesterday. But, it's totally how I felt, so I won't deny or delete...maybe it was the right thing to do. Maybe, I should have tempered my complaining until I took a breath. I dunno. I'm still not at the point to say yet anything positive like "Well, at least they are into December..." or "Even if they only did one day worth, I'd only be a little over a year away." or anything insipid like that, cause I'm done sugar-coating it.

Until the agency-that-holds-our-future-as-parents speaks, I'm not going to count anything as done this month. It's too odd. As usual, there are reports of families skipped, rumors they got to the 2nd, and other random hysteria. That's all because the ATHOFAP didn't anty up and just be upfront about where they are before they went and hung out on the beach for a week.

I guess we have to see what they do when they come back from vaca...

2 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

You're down AND you were kicked. Not fair at all. Very very bad timing. Sorry... bah I hate this for you!!

Kevin and Kim said...

Bad timing indeed - I would have thrown the card across the room - LOL! My friend is due in a couple months with her 3rd - she's had 2 since we started this adoption. It hurts, I know.