Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm afraid to touch anything...

This has been a rough week...I had to go to a trade show this week on Monday and Tuesday. I hate being the face that talks to people...I'm a geeky database/web/analysis kinda girl. I had to schmooze people. I hate to schmooze. And then 1/2 the people who approached are people who are programmers, offering to help with our sites - hello? I'm demo'ing our apps. If I'm demo'ing them, I must like them, seeing as I'm trying to convince others that they are worthy of a look, right? Now, if you want to be the face person, we'll talk.

But, why am I afraid to touch anything? Well, let's see here...in our house this week, we've had these beloved family members die this week...no, correct that, on ONE day. The stapler, the paper shredder, and the oven. Yes, the oven. The giver of chocolate covered cookies and ooey gooey brownies, and coconut chocolate pecan pies. Dead. Narry a degree of warmth. Seems like an ignition switch issue. Microwaves hath not make an appropriate creme brulee!



Not that I need to eat...this has been my crack lately. Thanks, to the peeps in my travel group! When we went to China, we were going to have a group gathering a few weeks after we got back, so we bought giant bags of various Chinese candy. We came home and the next night divied it up 3-ways - one for my work, one for P's work, and one for the party. Well, the party didn't happen - most of the group had things crop up. Soooo...we decided to reschedule, and haven't yet. So, there's this giant bag of treats. Though it only cost about $5.00, max, I cannot, in good faith, knowing that there is some kind of sugary goodness in these things, let it go to waste. So I work thru these. I specifically adore the gooey sugary goop that is covered in sesame seeds. Have no idea what I'm eating. Don't care. Just know that it's pretty darn good for not having a lick of chocolate in it. I'm afraid to go in the cabinet - they are stashed there. I'm afraid to go to work, there's a stash there too...So, when I'm spilling into your seat on the trip to Beijing, don't blame me, ok?

BTW, is it the end of the month yet? Aggggggghhhhh...

No comments: