Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mathamatics and Meteorology

OK, so I'm thinking about the wait....(duh!) and I'm calculating about the wait...over and over and over again.

Based on RQ's projections, we're iffy for December referral...the 2 year point.

Based on my projections, we're iffy for December referral too.

If they can pull off:
Dec 1-8, that's 97 by her new polls, much over the last batch, still conservative to the ones before that last crappy one.
THEN...
We'd be in with a 9-14 in December, with 98 returning on the polls.


If they go how they did last month, they either have to go below it or over at least 10%, which isn't hard to do with how small the # is:
Under, which is closer: Dec 1-6 - 56 returns on her poll
THEN...
7-9 for 68 returns on her poll
THEN...
10-14 for a total of 71 returns on her poll, gets us in in January.

To return to the previous #s...
Dec 1-9 - 124 poll returns
Dec10-19 - 104 poll returns, which would get us in in December.

Am I crazy yet???

So.....
X is us, or the amount needed to get to us.
Y is the current batch rate.
For us to get in in Dec... x= 1.83y
That's a lot more than the current rate, obviously...

Put another way...the current referral batch, x=> z where z=previous waits before, with z=(a+b)/2, to get the averages.

And what are the chances of that???

Yeah...that's what I thought. A snowball's chance...

Of course, what were the chances that this would have been my footwear yesterday in the Midwest, in October...


Sadly, if I had said that I'd get my referral when it was 85+ in October, I would have my referral in hand. Instead, I said I'd get my referral when hell froze over, so I don't think I'll be wearing these when I get referral...

So, seeing as I don't have good odds with RQ's poll numbers...when will hell freeze over? According to some very very smart people...wellllll, not for billions of years. Apparently, thanks to google, and P, who is very science oriented helping me in my search, the Sun will blow up and destroy Earth before it cools. And really, as long as the sun is around, the Earth won't cool enough for the core (the implied place of hell) to freeze. According to Boyle, hell is endothermic, so it can't freeze.

Well, Crap. I guess all I've got is that star out the back window...


(Do ya like the pedi? A treat for keeping the Sanity in the ISO(In)Sanity house...)

1 comment:

Mutha Mae said...

It's lovely. I still can't believe you are a redhead. I pictured you as a blonde. You're lovely either way. So does bring my prediction closer to travel in Feb? Or was I off on that, too?