Sunday, October 7, 2007

Something I Want To Share, #1

OK, I'm going to try to focus on happy, good things this week...at least until someone really really annoys the snot out of me.

Anyways, I've wanted to post this pic for awhile - P has an Aunt who lives out East...one of the few people in that family that aren't crazy. Anyways, she's an amazing person, and I love her to death. When she found out thru the grapevine that we were adopting, she called and spoke with P, asking about the room etc...

About 6 months later, this arrived in the mail (the day my neighbors 2nd child was born - the one that she got pregnant with a week or so after our paperwork went to China...the one that we said would "come home" the same time as H...Har.):



P's Aunt is an amazing quilter. She did this to match the theme of the room. It is so beautiful, and there is no way to convey that in pictures. This was so amazing, that I could not find any other quilter that I liked, and I asked her to do the sewing on H's 100 wishes quilt (yes, I thought that would be a fun project to pass the time). She did that one too, we got it when we got back from China. It is also amazing, but it is so big, it is currently confounding me as to how to photograph it so that y'all can see it.

I just saw on the news that the beautiful Musee de Orsay was broken into, and artwork damaged....I'm a serious francophile as it is. And a museum rat too. This is so disturbing. You have to be really piss drunk to think that is a good idea.


No comments: