Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Saved By The Wii...

P is a lucky guy. I was sooooo angry with him yesterday. I'm still mad, but not seething anymore. He gets pigheaded sometimes, and well, he's been pigheaded on this trip to Singapore that he has to take later in the year, and I got mad. I don't like being told that I'm not wanted, in not so many words. To report fairly, he says that he never said nor implied such a thought or concept. To this side of the marriage, it seemed like it was on a 20ft billboard in 18ft letters. Whatever. He's made his flight arrangements (first class too!), so what's done is done. I'm just seething that he got mad that I thought I might see if The Mother (I know, I know, what am I thinking on that) might want to go to Hawaii or Europe with me while he's gone.

Anywhoooooo...what saved us both from mutual annihilation last night?

A Wii...an allpowerful (apparently) Wii...

We've been looking for one of these things for 2 months - no I won't pay the overcharge on Amaz** that people are selling them for. P found it in a Target on his way home last night. AND, he also was able to get one for my Dad, cause he's been wanting one too. He played it in good K fashion - he asked to be let around the 1 Wii rule, as his FIL really wants one. The guy assumed some little old bald guy who's kinda hunched over apparently - he said "Yeah, I hear they use them in nursing homes and such cause it's good for the old people." and then gave the other one to P to buy. Har! My Dad is 90% bald on top, but he's only 60, and seriously, except for the gray at the sides, you'd think he's 52, tops. Whatever, P and I are Wii heroes when I take this thing to the office to give it to him.

See, I'm a predicitable pet of Pavlov, just for the record...everyone at work just about got one of these things. I was curious, but they started talking about them, and how cool they are. So I wanted one. Then I couldn't find it...so I needed one. We've looked, and P told me he's been stopping a lot of places without telling me, which is sweet. 98.5% of the time, he's an awesome guy, the rest of the time? Grrrrrrrr....

But, we have not Wii'd yet. We have torn the box apart, checking it out, but P wants a special something cable before we pull the tv off the wall...oh yeah, he got that a few weeks ago.

And P chipping his tooth also distracted us.

He got out of that fight, huh?

No comments: