Monday, August 13, 2007

Why I Absolutely, Positively LOVE Happy Workland

OK, all I can say is that I love, love, love working at Happy Workland. (Insert eyeroll) I love it so much, I feel a need to list the ways I love it to y'all in Blogworld...

1. One of our customers is so fun. They give us a surprise party at least 2-3 times a week! Surprise! We need x out by tomorrow, 8 am. And they always have planned these surprises at least a month in advance. It's so kind of them. It's Christmas every day.

2. We were chosen to head a new project because we are the best of x. It merges all x's efforts together. I get to manage that project internally. This is like when you go to by a car and it says "new paint job and interior." Run. The reason we are the best is because the others are so...not.

3. I work in a small office. Mostly females. What happens when you put multiple females in a close environment together, each in charge of their own job? We're bitchy on a regular basis. I'm bitchy sometimes too. Don't come near my Palace Of The 5 Foot Walls.

4. The Palace of 5 Foot Walls. I got lucky. I got a doublewide (insert trailer joke here). Thing is, the doublewides are at the end of the cube sections. I have 1/2 side walls, width-wise. Not full side walls. Ergo, aformentioned like-minded bitchy ones come thru my turf to get to other turf. If I'm near my moat on each side, I'm likely to get side-swipped as they clip the corner as they come into my territory. Even if none of us are being bitchy at the time. It's just the traffic pattern.

5. My Palace of 5 Foot Walls was bequeathed to me by the King. The King is my father. I spend more time with him now than when I was growing up. I love the King. My allegiance is to the King. Do I sometimes want to send the king off to a far off land into exhile? Yes. Because we see eye to eye as much as every other father/daughter duo do, probably moreso. And the best of all is when we are butting heads, and when we do, we do, and under normal King/serf relationship, you get to leave. And if you are lucky, it's the weekend, or better yet, a long holiday. No, in my world, you butt heads, but then, you get to sit across from him at the table that weekend/holiday. So instead of wanting to stuff the excel spreadsheet down his throat, you get to want to stuff the turkey leg/candycane/burger/birthday cake down his throat, so he'll get your point.

And a bonus one:
6. The King says on a regular basis: "Oh loyal serf, you do not plan to quit when your little serflet comes, do you?" And I answer back "Oh no kind King, I love the Kingdom. But the serflet will need lots of my time in the beginning. I cannot be here full time." The King agrees with this. He agrees to flexible time. He is willing to accomodate the serf. The serf has waited very long for the serflet. Every so often, she goes to the King, and kindly reminds the King, that coming soon, she will not be able to serve him for many months. And then she will return. Has he thought of a suitable replacement to serve him in her abscence? He assures her he has, but uses his royal perogative to not do a damn thing about it, nor even share with the serf his plans, so that she may even on the side groom her replacement(s). The King thinks, methinks, that the serf will be checking in from the far off land.

How did this go all medieval? I think I need to go home...

No comments: