Friday, August 24, 2007

The 80's Are Speaking to Me - Part 4

Here's this week's quote - name the band, album and song:

"You don't know me but you make me so happy"


As to last week:

The first one was U2, Achtung Baby, "Until The End of The World", technically '91, I think, but I think music ages go a bit over the "0" of the next decade starting...

The 2nd one, as Mutha said, was indeed Erasure, off of The Innocents album, "A Little Respect"


Sorry, I haven't been around much this week. It's been busy. The lack of rumors etc is killing me more than you can know...oh, and the whole stinkin' region has been inundated with approximately 1,284,756,123,542,264 gallons of water the last two weeks. We've been lucky so far, the basement is dry, and as far as I know, both cars are still functioning, though P seems to have gone thru a bit more water than he should have yesterday (no comment)...but we do have friends and coworkers who have swimming pools where basements and laundry rooms have been and have no power...oh, and I got another year older.

I had started a post about how last year we had discussed changing to Vietnam during this month, and P told me no way we'd go thru another b-day of mine without me having a little one squeaking out "happy birfday mama" in a little voice...we thought, no way possible. Har. Now I even wonder if we'll have her here for P's bday in mid-winter. It was a harsh reality date. And then I realized the post was all just sputtering and venom about this whole thing, so I canned it.

Girls Night in the neighborhood tonight. One of my favorite "open mouth, insert foot about adoption" people will be there. That should be enough fodder for a few posts.

No comments: