Monday, August 6, 2007

A Bit About Me

Hummmm....I was asked by one of my two faithful readers to tell a bit more about me. I'm not good about talking about myself - contrary to the very narcissistic notion of starting a blog. A blog that inherently announces "I want people to know what I think and feel", thereby assuming a certain importance to ones thoughts...

Blogs have done that, and it's amazing. Part of why I wanted to do it - because it's a whole new world out there, baby. (Yes, I know it has been for 5-10 years, but, I'm slow, what can I say).

But to pick and choose facts about myself, to talk about the physical me, that's hard...it's different than talking about what I'm thinking somehow...

So here's 5 non-important facts about me (other than a bunch of them that you can pick out thru my piles of musings). Though they may become relevant - who knows?
1. I'm a redhead. Hence my user name on a large adoption board.

2. My parents are long-time divorced.
2b. I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. I work with my Dad at his company.

4. I adore chocolate. The darker, the better. Chocolate is a major food group. I would mainline chocolate, except for the fact that I have no taste buds in my veins...
4b. So is ketchup.

5. I like to think I'm a true friend, and a true enemy. Sounds harsh, but it's true. Though I don't really call anyone my enemy. It's a way to sum up: I'll call it like I see it. I don't sugar coat things (unless around the inlaws, and then I feel like I've betrayed myself for the cause of peace). I won't talk about you behind your back. I may hold a grudge, but you'll know about it up front. And if you don't betray my trust, I at least like to think I'm one of those friends that will go to the end of the Earth and back for you too...You always know where you stand with me. I'm not into the petty stuff. And I start out giving everyone the benefit of the doubt - I start out friendships assuming the same courtesy will be extended to me. Once burned though, I learn my lesson. Until then, I've got your back as much as you need me to.

How's that for a list?

2 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

Thank you! I also adore dark chocolate. A little TOO much.

Lisa said...

I will concur that you are an awesome friend and would go to the ends of the earth for me.....I hope you know I would do the same for you!