Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Weekend Part 2: What It's All About

Well, in the interest of fair reporting, I do want to tell you about Sunday too, cause I don't want to focus on just how hard it is with The Wait. So, we are going to give equal time to the other candidate: Fun and Happiness...

Sunday we drove up to the state border (well, within a few feet of it) to visit our friends A&A, and their daughters, whom I like to call Twinny Goodness (I know, cliched and silly). We met A&A thru the adoption, and then found out we were with the same agency. They are some of the best friends we've made thru this adoption. A is like the big sister I never had, And A is a really great guy too.. And the girls? Oh man, if you want to melt at cuteness, this is the place to do it.

The girls have been home since late last year, and are doing wonderfully. They are awe inspiring, in the face of what they have been thru in their short lives. They caught up so quickly on walking and eating, and gaining weight - they are now working so hard on their vocabulary. And A&A are the best parents - they are definetly the kind of parents I want to be...I've met some people I don't want to be like, but there's some that seem to really have it down pat too. They are two of them.

Now, if I can pull that off, that's another thing. :)

So we went up for a visit, went and had good yummy pizza and all the deep fried appetizers one could want, and just kicked back and spent the afternoon together...friends, good conversations, and a little cuteness on the side, what can be better than that?

Thanks guys, it was a wonderful day, and a much needed break! And thanks for the snazzy hand me downs for H - they will come in very handy!

Now back to our previously scheduled drama about when the heck referrals are going to show up. Tune in again in another week or so for some more sunshiny goodness...

No comments: