Friday, August 3, 2007

Cutoff: November 21, 2005

7 days worth of LIDs were cleared this month. 7 days of lucky parents that got their babies pics. They are so lucky. They got to get off this rollercoaster after only, what, 21 months?!? (Insert sarcastic eyeroll here)

We'll be at 20 months in a bit over a week here.

We're at 23 LID days between here and H.

23 measly days.

Which will equal, what? 3(if we're lucky)-5 months more wait.

Hummmm....when we first started, we were told 6-8 months, not more than 10....

Must be that New Math they do these days. Or it's corporate/governmental accounting math - one of the two.

Must go keep it together now. So glad we are going to be getting out of Dodge here for a bit. It can't come soon enough.

PS Oh, and my mom called from vacation in Alaska last night. I told here they did another week, thru the 21st, trying to be positive, it was movement forward. She said, "what, of July"? Then she said, oh it'll probably be when you are on vacation. I said, no they only did a week this time, how can they clear a month next month? And then she got pissy with me. "I don't understand how this works - you make it so complicated"

How is a big line with everyone stacked up in order so difficult? I told her to have Aunt C explain it to her over a martini. Then she snapped back at me: "I don't need to count it down on a calendar - it'll happen when it happens, if it happens."

Gee, thanks.

Bite me mom.

Off to Happy Workland to drown my sorrows in conference calls.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great conversation there with Mom....I've been thinking of you all day. Call me if you want to vent!