Tuesday, August 14, 2007

20 Months

Unlike my normal modus operandi, this is going to be brief.

Today, we've been waiting 20 months for spunky little H.

Doesn't that say it all?

Hummmm...my agency still hasn't called me to tell me that the wait has been extended, so we must be on #2 by now, huh? They told us 6-8 months, 9-10 at most...that's a rant for another day.

Every day more info comes out, more rumors, more discussions people are having with their SWs and agencies, and every day I question more and more: Will we ever get H? Should we have 'jumped ship" this time last year (I couldn't have, I don't think, I love H too much, and our stinky agency won't allow concurrent)? We discussed this leading up to my birthday last year, and I told P I wanted it to be the last year I wasn't a mommy on my bday. We both thought it laughable that there could be another one. Hrrmmmppphhhh. Well, I don't hold out too much hope for the next week or so to change everything...

And we are still looking at, what, a 4 month window for referral???

What did I do to bring this kind of karma down on me? Moreso, what did H do to have karma bite her in the Pamper Cruiser to not only be abandoned, but have to wait longer than necessary to get a family? Assuming that she's alive and waiting, of course...I'm not innocent, some religion's God may be punishing me somewhere, but what about H?

OK, not as brief as I intended, but I guess H deserves us to think of her for a few minutes today...

1 comment:

Susan said...

The wait is so frustrating, I agree. We all just have to hold on and somehow keep believing it will happen!

susan
www.crowellgang.blogspot.com
LID 2/13/06