Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gray Day

It's a gray day here, in my satellite office location of Happy Workland.

Very gray.

I was looking out the office window, staring at the gray. Thinking of all the things I have to do in the next few days, and then I just stopped thinking for awhile...and looked...

I'm facing West. I'm facing, presumably, towards where H is right now. 1000s of miles away. My own personal reverse Mecca. Is it gray where she is too?

I don't often think on her, in the terms of "what is she doing, is she in a crib, is she eating..." etc. I don't know why, I just don't. I'm more of a goal-oriented Type A driven person. I focus on paperwork, and researching daycare and travel arrangements and getting her room ready and getting wills in order so she's taken care of etc etc etc. Deciding, even now, what she will need me to bring for her when we go, that's how I think and cope.

Today, I wonder if it's gray where she is too...

No comments: