Friday, September 28, 2007

T-Minus 1 Day, 1 Hour, and Counting...

OK, the house is clean. The laundry is done. The ironing is done. The wish? Not done. Started...thinking has occurred, P has become involved. P has done the first exacto knifing that I needed for the "number" for the birthday to be celebrated.

And I've got his flipping death cold. But guess what? I still cleaned house and went to work, and will be going to work shortly. So, Mr Death Warmed Over On The Couch...ppppplllllllhhhhhbbbbbbbbbttttt!

Of course, I could lay on the couch when the relatives are here! :)

And of course, the CCAA hasn't even thrown us a bone. A measley knowing glance in our general direction. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I know we aren't in this month, but I've somehow gotten invested in the idea of November referral, travel in the first dawning days of '08...(yeah, nothing like setting myself up for disappointment, huh?)

They changed the review room date...again. I know that makes these people happy and relieved. I felt that a YEAR AGO this month, when we cleared that room. Hello? A year ago!

A year ago my friend, a few days ago plus that year, my good friends got their referral. A referral of twins. Amazing. I was screaming in the office when she called. These two little ones are amazing people. So are the parents, but they aren't as cute. I called P to tell him - he was on a business trip. I forgot that it was his first business trip overseas. Ergo, when I called, it was his first night in Germany..first middle of the night. Har! He didn't find it humorous at that point in time. I was soooo excited for them. I can't imagine what I'll feel when it's actually my turn.

Those friends were only 4.75 months ahead of us, LID-wise. And here we still sit, a year later. Still not knowing when we'll get a referral, and when. 6-8 months my butt, Agency.

OK, off to work, my last refuge before the descent into Family Madness Weekend. It's ok though, I need some material to rant about next week. And I'll have plenty, I'm sure. And I promise to post up some pics of the Gorges finally too - I've finally weeded the good from the bad on those too.

Thanks for letting me ramble...

1 comment:

Judi said...

Hey Strawb:
Just read today's posts on RQ. I cannot WAIT to read what you're gonna write here. Question re the SIL: Why don't people wait for an invitation to visit? Why do they assume they can just show up and that this is okay?
Judi