Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm About To Assume The Fetal Position

My back is killing me...I think my shoulders are around my ears...

Happy Workland is so....happy. So happy I want to puke.

And it's T-Minus 2 days 11 hours till the in-laws arrive. I still don't have the scrapbook page done. Or started. Oh my god, they've always been convinced that I am a pagan (well Lutheran, but to them, the same thing) raised child who is not worthy for their family...The Page is not done.

Why is it not done? Well, I've been de-pile-ing my home. Things that did not have any explosive charge in them somehow exploded when they hit the air of our home. Pictures of China...kaboom! Papers and tidbits galore brought back from China...bang! Gifts for people I have yet to see since we returned...Pow! Unread literature that showed up in our mailbox...Boom! Aggggggghhhh...not something my MIL, June Cleaver should see. And of course, I took on the challenge of cleaning all the curio cabinets in the house to show off our new mementos too...so it's not like I live in a pigsty folks...well, compared to her house, yeah, yeah I do...

And P? He's still dead. He seemed to get about 10% life back tonight. We'll see how tomorrow goes. That's another reason The Page is not done...Mr Exacto Knife hasn't been quite up to wielding a sharp implement. Won't go to the doctor though either...I think he's hoping this fells him again in time for Saturday with The Fam...hah, ain't going to happen, buddy...I'll hire an ambulance crew to get you there. You aren't leaving me alone with your closest 60 or so relatives! And I haven't found a place to sweep him under the rug either, so there's a big messy lump in my family room.

Does having the laundry done count for something??? Anything???

We haven't seen the Sis in law in a few years now. I always worry how that's going to go too...we don't...errrr...mesh well.

And, OMG. Have y'all been reading RQ? It's just a stressor - we're all so on edge. I can't wait till I get asked when SIL gets to see her niece...I may just myself explode when I hear that.

The good news is folks - I did find an online shop, and I have $356.87 in clothes from sizes 6 months to 3T for a pink elephant on the way, so that panic is taken care of...

Is it like watching a train wreck yet? Can't look away, but knowing you should??

Must try to sleep tonight...must try...

1 comment:

Mutha Mae said...

Not a train wreck at all. It's like watching myself a year ago. Referral time was a stressful time, then a depressing time. I'm kinda glad our referral was so unexpected. I avoided a lot of that angst at the last minute.

HOlding my breath for you. Come on December dates!!