Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What ever happened to New Order?

OK, I tried to let this go, but I can't!

This morning, I was happily driving along contemplating this question, as I listened to my 80's music - New Order, U2, the song about Coming from a Land Down Under etc etc etc...doing my thing, just driving along. Get to a 4 way stop on this little road, headed toward the big road, to get to my daily grind.

At the stop sign, there's a guy in a total POS Saturn, to my LEFT. Ergo, if he is to go straight, he will be going the same way I'm going once I turn right, which my blinker clearly states, and honestly, I'm 1/2 way around the turn when I stop. He doesn't go. I wait. He doesn't go. I give him a friendly, c'mon, I'm waiting for you to go wave. He doesn't go. Then he starts waving me on...feverishly, like, oh no, I can't have that crazy looking woman up my tail pipe, I know she'll hit me kinda waving...

So I go. Then I see in my rearview, he turns RIGHT. i.e. going in the direction from where my shiny silver SUV ass just came from. Hello? First, use your signal? Secondly, why cause the angst? I wasn't in anyways in your way??? Dude...you could have hit me, I could not have hit you, unless you thought my car that was made in this century had that handy dandy new levitate-and-rotate-180-degrees feature on it.

Sorry, he just killed my back in the good music days buzz, and it p.o.'d me. And my mom refuses to use turn signals, so there's a lot of Freudian or something angst in that too that surfaced I think.

And I was thinking of posting pics from my garden, with the title "How could a day like today be bad when you go in your backyard and see that the crazy raccoon that is terrorizing the neighborhood hasn't torn up your personal roof yet, and then you find these beauties?"

Ahhh....for another day. After I go build my own road to the office, cause everyone should have one of those.

No comments: