Friday, July 27, 2007

Limbo, Limbo, Limbo!

We're essentially a month away, LID wise...once upon a time that meant, a month away from referral.

Har.

Har-dee-har-har.

The nursery has been done for a year. Yeah, egg on the face over that one...

When do I have to start really pushing P to get the info for daycare at his mega-corp office?

When do we sign up for daycare?

When do I have to start looking for a pediatrician? Or is that only overprotective parents that scout them out ahead of time?

Do I screw us by booking a vacation?

How can I sign up for daycare if I don't know H, what age she is, when she's coming home, and if she'll be able to be left, what shape she will be in?

But you have to sign up ahead, there's waiting lists...

Do I volunteer to host Christmas at my house? Will it be easier if she's here? Will it be easier to go elsewhere if she's here? If she's here...

Does P go on his offered business trip to a far away Asian land in December?

When do I plan the big end dates for my project here at Happy Workland?

When do I have to push boss/dad to get my replacement/assistant in here by? He's starting to ignore me on this point.

What do I tell the inlaws to get them off my back that my SIL really wants to become an auntie (cause it's all about her)?

We've been 3-7 months away for....oh...let me check my watch...17 months. If I'm being generous. I'm not. 19.5 months...the whole 19.5 months.

How much cereal should I buy to get me to referral if I go to Costco...how many tons do I need? What about shampoo and toothbrushes?

When should I plan for a last Girls Night Out before I'm a responsible mom type person?

Huh? Huh?

I think I just saw the bar drop one notch lower....how do I make it under it now???

1 comment:

Mutha Mae said...

Nahhh... get the Ped now. You are going to be spending a lot of time and money in that office. Get one you like and feel worthy of spending those co-pays on. You have every right to go interview pediatricians, too. Just one more thing to add to your growing list, I know. Make sure to find one in reasonable distance from your home. Makes life so much easier with a puking child in the back seat. Find one that fits your personality. Mine is laid back, which is great, because I am more hyper than a yippee dog.

Oooh, two posts in one day. I'm not stalking, I actually came here to get your address to share with another China mom when I noticed the post.