Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moving Dreams

For some reason, I have almost the same dreams about moving, every so often. I think it has to do with when I'm stressed (stress, what stress?!?!), or I'm sensing change in my life. It's really wierd.

It's always taking place in our apartment that we were living in when P was in grad school and I was just starting out working at Happy Workland. And I assume that we are moving to our current glorious abode, but it's unclear usually. I know it's not somewhere that I'm like "holy crap, I have no idea where I am" kinda place.

Then there's always variations on a theme: sometimes even though we moved months ago, we are still going back there and picking things up etc....sometimes we are going back to feed the fuzzies, and for some reason we haven't moved the two of them yet (ummm...they'd be the first things/faux people on the truck!) etc etc etc. Sometimes there's been someone breaking in thru the utility room and stealing our boxes of stuff.

But it's always that we've moved and are coming back for some reason. It's not bad (even the robber, it's just a fact). No one or nothing is neglected, there's no sense that I'm going to "lose" the things I have. Nothing like that. Just like reliving chapter endings of a book kinda thing. Does that make sense?

I'm sure that a shrink could chew this up and spit this out with gleeful delight. Even without the "A" word being brought into this...

I've been having these dreams again lately. I'm sure it's some Freudian thing with loss and new events in life. But to have them 2 nights in a row is odd. And they were rather long, usually, it's not something that seems to go on forever and ever. It's not like we're going to get our referral this month (or next month), so why now?

Am I finally cracking? Am I losing it this close to the end???

I think I need a martini...oh crap - I'm at Happy Workland. A Mountain Dew will have to suffice.

No comments: