Saturday, November 3, 2007

Twin Shower Shopping & Ornaments

OK, D and N and I went shopping today for the shower for the ivf twins that is next Friday night (I don't know, don't ask on that one)...so we went and got some stuff at Tar-geeeeehhht, then went and got tons of baby board books, and then went to Carters to get clothes. I was doing soooo well, all things told. Even though I couldn't help but think...oh, I want to get that for H...that would be perfect for her...oh, I like the one I picked out better etc etc etc. Keeping the emotions in check successfully and all...

Now, I admit, I'm a clothes whore when it comes to H, she has clothes. But 1/2 of what I have is hand-me-downs...the other 1/2 is 95% bought on serious discount. And as non-seasonal as I could get - no sweaters, bikinis etc - tshirts, long sleeve shirts, and pants and skirts...i.e., best chance at multi-season wear. But I'm known for having worked on getting my child set up, so to speak...So we get to the baby clothes store, and they have snowsuits outside...I go to look, just cause there was a cute color...

D says "c'mon K, you have to wait till you get H - you're driving yourself crazy, and shouldn't be buying clothes till you know about her." True, she's probably right...so I wander off, and go back to looking for sleepers for the twins. A few minutes later, D is standing there with a snowsuit off the rack, obviously for her younger son...so I jokingly say "Oh, I see someone was looking at the snowsuits, huh?" Her response: "Yes, because I have a child to wear it." Followed up with "You know what I mean..."

Yeah...

D is usually so not the one to say something like that.

Off topic - I'm looking for a nice Christmas ornament...I've been getting an ornament a year for H, and will continue to do so until H grows up, and goes off to be an adult. I though did not get one last year, cause I was just a bit pissy about the wait. Anyone seen anything totally cool and or beautiful? Any suggestions - if you see any at a store/in a catalog/on a website, can you toss me a suggestion? It can't have the year on it, cause I have an '07 one, and I have to "make up" for '06...yeah, 2nd year in, and I messed up. Thanks for any suggestions!

2 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

Some of the ones in the Lillian Vernon catalog are cute. There are a family of penguins on a sled. You can get the names of each family member on the hats of the penguins, then the last name on the front of the sled, with the year. I'm not really a Christmasy gal, and even I wanted that one!

Judi said...

And what? You're supposed to be penalized for not having your child yet? Total c-word remark.