Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble, Gobble...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a good day, be it with family, friends, or without them - whatever makes you happier! :>)

I'm trying to stay focused on what I have to be thankful for, which is so much. I truly am blessed in life. But I'm also spoiled, so it's easy to focus on the one thing that I don't have this holiday...but I will look around the table tomorrow and see my husband, my Dad and my step-mom...and the kitties under the table, knowing that step-grandma will give them some Turkey on the sly...and I'll be thankful for the 11 years married, 2 years engaged, and the 1 year dating I've had with P so far. And thankful that my step-mom has made it thru so many medical crises over the years - we may not see eye to eye some of the time, but she makes my Dad happy. We're cool now most of the time, so that's something to be happy for. And my Dad, who for all my bitching (usually in the work arena with him), is a good Dad. He missed a lot of stuff growing up, and he's not as emotional as my psyche wants, but he's good, and we're spitting images of each other in about 80% of our personalities. And he was always there for me, even if he did miss a lot of little stuff along the way. And he's 60 now, but looks like a very healthy 50, and his mind is probably even younger than that, so I'm so thankful for that - I hope to have him here for a long, long time.

I'm thankful for all my friends, ones I've had for years, and ones that I've met thru this adoption - y'all mean so much to me, and you also can never know what your support thru this adoption has meant to me...

And, I'm trying oh so hard to be thankful that I'm finally "close" to Baby H. I know, I'm a selfish witch, but this one is hard...

So, long post when I meant a short one...when in the end all I really want to say is Happy Thanksgiving.

And cough up those referral rumors, will ya?

1 comment:

RoLo said...

Happy Thanksgiving