Sunday, November 11, 2007

My brain is still bleeding...

Oh my, it was soooooo much more worse than I thought it could have ever been!!! Even my worst enemies would have taken pity on me....well except for the SIL - she would have been in the corner, silently giggling at me.

Here's what I learned about adoption at the twins baby shower:
1. China makes a lot of money off of adoption.
2. Everyone in this world knows someone who has adopted, and many times more than not, with dire results.
3. I'm better off getting a Chinese baby than a Russian baby. That is for many reasons, amongst the biggest:
They are smarter.
They are cuter.
The Chinese government won't give out boys, so if you want a girl, that's the place to go.
4. You don't get stretch marks or morning sickness this way.
ohhhh, and this one is the biggest and most important:
5. People who do NOT know what the fuck they are talking about tend to say it the loudest and with the most emphasis of anyone in the room. I mean really? After asking how long we've been waiting (and hearing a number in they YEARS measurement), who the hell thinks they can tell me any fucking detail about how Chinese adoption works, unless they are whipping out pics of their own cute little one that they adopted 4 months ago from Jiangxi??? Yeah...that's what I thought.

I have a dent from banging my head against a wall/table/countertop/cutesy wrapped playskool toy for the idiocy and offensive comments I heard!

And why, oh why, am I the "neighbor that is adopting" when I'm introduced? I think M2 said that phrase more than "Thanks for coming to my shower" all night. Can't I be the "neighbor that organizes girls nights" "neighbor that works for a printing company" or "neighbor that is just a little bit crazy, but we keep her around for yucks"????

OK, I'm done. I'm going to bed. I have to be up early to go to Happy Workland and train someone to make me obsolete.

2 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

Yuck. I'm angry right along with you.

AAAA said...

OK - the only thing I can say is that I'm proud you survived....I can't wait to "hear" the full details. talk to you soon - Anne