Friday, November 2, 2007

Stupid FIL Says What?

I can't believe P told me this...I think he wants to give me a heart attack.

Earlier this week, his father emailed him and included a link to a trip that he was interested in...it was on a very high end company...one that I WILL NOT pay for. My guess is, they were going to do that "If you spend 2 weeks with us, we'll pay the airfare part of it for Christmas", knowing them...anywho...

1. He wants to go next summer.
2. The trip is 20 days long, not counting the days of travel to Europe and back. (Ummmm...most non-doctor people can't take that kind of time off, and we've told you that!)
3. The trip, without airfare, is $7200 a person. Yes, you read that right.

Yes, airfare would be a nice chunk of change and that much money spent on a gift is "generous", but:
1. I don't like a gift that requires me to shell out 14,000+ USD
2. I've told them many times I don't want to travel with this company cause of the a. money, and b. they shelter the hell out of you, so you don't get to experience anything but a Disney-version of wherever you are
3. We are going to be parents...very very very soon! HELLO!?!?!? Have you been listening? Dense FIL says what???

Oh, yeah, that's right - we have the same conversation about the same general things every 2 weeks, cause you don't listen to squat.

Bite me, I'm making your son a father, one way or another, and if your borderline crazy wife wants to take that as an affront and another sign that he's not going to move back home and live a block away like the sis in law does, hanging on every opinion, than so be it.

I'm going home...that Wii is getting set up this weekend, so help me...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

your FIL sounds like a butthead! Who has an extra 14 K lying around when they are doing an adoption. DUH!

We love our Wii...I hope you get it set up soon, it was pretty easy to do. I mean, even I could do it. HA HA