Thursday, January 1, 2009

We're Alive...

Did y'all have a good Christmas? And a good New Years?

Well, Christmas was good. It wasn't the Rockwell-esque event I had apparently hoped for (I didn't even realize it was what I was hoping for!), but I had my family, my husband, and my daughter, so nothing could have topped that. Well, if we had not had sickness being passed between us as freely as good will is supposed to be this time of year! We committed to doing too much, and that put H (and me) behind the ball with being tired etc, but she was really a trooper. She didn't get the charms of Christmas presents till Sunday - then it all clicked, and she was a ripping machine! She is a cookie fiend - I had to stop her on many occassions! But, the real meals? She wanted nothing to do with them.

New Years was better, in a way! We went to a neighbor's house like we always do, and H made it to 9:15, then we brought her home to sleep in her own bed...she wanted nothing to do with the pack n play at the party. She was cruising around the house in her little fleece snowflake pjs, eating chips and cannolis, and playing, checking in for snuggles and giggles. And I remembered last year when we were begging, cursing, anything, to get our agency to send back H's LOA after 4 weeks! We were facing New Years Eve 2008 not knowing when we were going to get the little girl whose picture we had worn out by staring at it. We were at the same house, with the same people, choking back the tears as every person asked us when we were going to go get H. Last Night, I got to watch her carefully go up on tiptoe to reach into the tortilla chip bowl, and turn around and grin at me that she pulled it off. I had to stop myself from a tear of joy.

I won't even get into the whole SIL thing....I'll recap it when it's all over and done with and the atomic fallout has been measured...it's obscene at this point. It's going to become MAD at some point. No, it already has.

Saturday is our last HS meeting for meimei. I'll be so glad when it's over. We both really like our SW, and it's a pleasant process, but we just want it moving! We want to be on the list.

Happy 2009 everyone. I have to go sleep off the fact that I made it to midnight last night!

PS Thanks for voting. It was fun.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lol....I just found your blog on the Big Blog list ( am I the only one that thinks that sounds ominous..."Big Blog List"??)

I started reading...started laughing ( with you, NOT at you!) :) and am completely charmed! Your humor is plain fun and you clearly call it as you see it! Good for you!

We are in the midst of our second adoption too. Our daughter was adopted from Kaz. in 2003. We are awaiting travel dates for our baby boy in Taiwan.

Just had to leave a comment...still smiling here....
Lisa