Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jim Cantore & The "Uber" in Uber-Peanut

You know it is either a really slow weather day...or really truly wicked cold...when Jim Cantore turns his back on hurricanes, blizzards, tornados and all the other disasters he likes to stand in front of....to cover the cold.

And you know you are going to be miserable when he's standing in front of your skyline. And you have next to no socks.

And, I haven't used the term "uber-peanut" in awhile...but she still is truly an uber-peanut...today, I broke down and bought her some capris and tops for spring/early summer (I had a gift return that I had credit for, 'kay?! I know - I went against everything I stand for re stores and obscene seasonal stocking practices)...and I bought my 21.5 month old Chinese daughter a 2T top. Yes. That's a 2T for y'all - I didn't mistype. And it's "just there" now. So, my 2 year old Chinese daughter will need a 3T top for this summer.

I will be the shortest person in this house some day. I know it. The only question is will I have to wait until she hits puberty or not.

1 comment:

Nyt said...

Take heart... I've discovered that children's clothes are sized as wonky as adults...The Eggroll??? Anywhere from 2T to 4T...and...to make matters even crazier?? The same brand and style jeans...one has to have the legs rolled up, one doesn't. Someone needs to do some 'splaining...or some quality control. And BTW I have no fear of being the shortest person in anyone's house....LOL!