Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry...and, we're on the rollercoaster

Sorry to all 3 of you out there! I know, I should have posted already!

H did great with her surgery - even woke up without a scream. She still wasn't happy when they took her away though - even with the relaxer they gave her - she gave a good fight. When she woke up, we had her in P's arms, thinking she'd wake up fighting. She jerked up a few inches, looked around dazed, rubbed her eyes, fought to sit up, then looked around for a few minutes. She saw her stickers on the table, reached for them, then reached for me. She got bored and wanted to leave.

One interesting thing happened: I was carrying her around, trying to entertain her until we could leave, and she was watching us and other's speak - very intently watching mouths move. She all of a sudden pushed my hair out of the way, and jabbed me in the right ear about 3 times with her index finger, and a quizical look on her face. She knew something had been done, and seemed to be asking for a detailed and concise explanation!

In other breaking news, we've finally been pushed thru pre-cert by our new agency, and we're awaiting the packets to come in the mail, so we can start the HS for our adoption of A from Taiwan. Thankfully, we don't have to redo our FBI prints that were done back in July!

Life's never boring is it?

Now, I want to get to the holidays - I love Thanksgiving till Christmas! And I want to get dug into A's paperwork, so we can get that done and over with (is it sick that I'm a paperwork fiend? I love getting it done and feeling like I've gotten something accomplished...I missed my calling for corporate mid-level management!), and start the wait...Then, we get to set up somewhere during that process, the last post-placement for H with that agency and then kiss them a fond farewell. Also, a few days give or take around Christmas, we hit that make-believe holiday for H - the one where she crosses over that imaginary line and is with us longer than she was in the SWI. Somehow, that will make me feel all warm and fuzzy...

T-minus 7 days till The Feast. All I can say: Step-mom's sausage cornbread stuffing. I can forgive everything that happened with that whole back story just cause she makes that stuff. And Dad's wine-injected turkey. Seriously - how did we eat turkeys before they main-lined a nice spatlese? I only hope that H will eat a turkey that doesn't come out of a bag from the lunchmeat counter!

3 comments:

kimmons said...

Glad to hear H is doing well. She can probably even hear better now that her ears don't hurt, poor sweetie.
Congrats on your paper-wait for Taiwan. If I wasn't so freakin' old...

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours

Kim

Two Pearls said...

glad to hear all is well! and a wine-infused turkey sounds fabulous? Is there a recipe?

ISO(In)sanity said...

Basically, you inject the turkey with your favorite sweet white wine multiple times during cooking (when you baste). At some point, you can just do it with the juices in the pan. Depending on your turkey size, you can use 1/2-1 bottle.

You can buy turkey basters with a giant painful looking needle attachment - I got mine at Williams Sonoma. But, the chef had some health issues awhile ago that she needed syringes for, so she uses a real one, as she has some left over, allowing for more delicate introduction of the wine.