Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spiraling into a Hole of Suckiness

It's even worse than we thought...it's getting worse by the day. I've got a call into some of the higer ups that a board-mate told me to contact, as she's in her 3rd adoption with this agency.

I was going thru my emails from the agent that has since departed...July 21. Yes, over 3 months ago, she told me straight out that I needed to do nothing more, and they were waiting on Taiwan, and only a few weeks more. And to be patient, this part is hard. I heard that again the end of August. I thought maybe I had read into it that our stuff went to Taiwan. No. It's right there on my computer screen. This agency is sooooooo amazingly recommended, but this lady screwed at least me, and the people cleaning up the pieces seem disorganized at best.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ADOPTING: Keep every scrap of paper, every email, every air molecule these people send your way. Keep notes on shit they don't send you but tell you, with Dates, Names, etc. I learned from dealing with the first agency that sucked. I have every email from them, and I have every email from this adoption too. At some point, you will be screwed, it's almost guaranteed, no matter how good your agency is, or how caring they seem...the only question is to what degree. Some, it may be a misplaced USCIS doc for a day or two. Others, it might be complete lack of communication with your kids SWI when info needs to be communicated. Sadly, others are ones that will disappear in the night. Nyt is right, this is a business for these people. There's ethical business people, but a lot of them that aren't, to varying degrees.

Now, they have my letter. Now they are complaining about the font size, they want me to ask for a bigger font from my dr. I told them I would clean copy it and mail it, I will not go back to them with that request, because there is nothing wrong with it. It is as big as what I am typing now.

Now, that they have my letter, they want a letter for P's deviated septum surgery in '04. Seriously, folks...he was snoring and waking himself and I up. Fine. But why wasn't this asked before? Why isn't anyone sitting down and thinking?

I have asked the agency to go ahead and push into review for us, with the caveat this next letter is coming. I have a call in, as I said. They will either step up to the plate today and tomorrow, or we will walk away.

Live for your hearts folks, but be governed by your brains. It's the only way to survive this process.

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a nightmare!! I am so sorry to read of all of this b.s. you are going through. So sucky that this one person just totally screwed you over and that the agency didn't catch on. I hope these issues are resolved soon and that they get you on track.

FWIW, I do like and trust my agency. We used them 1st adoption, had to change for 2nd, and are w/ them again. They are wonderful and I think 99% of the clients would use them again. (China only so hey - not too many people interested now!)

Judi said...

Frustrating, to say the least!!!! K, I'm sorry! Organization, agency people!