Saturday, May 3, 2008

I've pulled the plug and screwed myself...

Sooooo, I couldn't do it. I couldn't send her there. I couldn't think of her being the one in the highchair for 50 minutes with milk all over her front. Even though that kid seemed happy flipping around the sippy cup, I just couldn't....

And the thought that one of 2 workers wouldn't engage her at all...what would happen if the other one was busy?!?!

Soooo...I can't go back to work next Wednesday. My friend L can watch her a bit, one day a week...my mom (oh gaawwwddd, that'll be blog fodder for weeks to come) has been chomping at the bit to watch her, but 1. the whole crazy religion/somehow at the same time she became religious became bigoted thing bothers me, 2. she doesn't follow my rules when I AM here with H, and 3. I don't think physically she can handle my big, big girl! I'm ok I guess if she watches her while P is home working, and he can carry her up to her room etc...

I've so screwed myself. I've committed to working nights, naps, etc...

Should I bite it and quit? To keep all our plans on track ( pay off house ahead of schedule, retirement etc), we are at the budget with P's pay. Which, I can't complain about...and then there's that whole "little sister" thing hanging out there that I want to start...HS fees etc...

But, working 10 hours a week isn't going to bring in that much cash.

I guess I've got a reprieve for a month or 2, or until I'm ragged from trying to do it all...

On the flip side, H has finally learned to crawl. She still likes to walk better than crawl, but, well, she's a pinball sometimes. She thinks she can fling herself onto the chair (or the fp piano) like she can into my arms. She learned that one the hard way...toys are made of hard plastic, girlfriend. She's gotten the cheerio into the mouth thing, and she's applying it everywhere. On the bad side, she's been holding a diaper rash off that she has expensive perscription cream for, but once you stop the cream, it starts to come back. Oh, and more shots monday...

Oh, and the giggle. Nothing melts my heart like the hysterical giggle. I wish you could hear it!

Sooooo.....anyone want to be my nanny? Maybe the guy from Moonlight when they aren't filming?!

3 comments:

Judi said...

Try both hikinglorax and obf's remedies for H's diaper rash. See which works.
It won't be like this forever, K. H will not be a baby forever. She'll grow and head to school. When she does this, you could change your schedule again to work full-time... while you and HP are waiting for DD#2. You still have a lot of income earning years to build up the retirement, etc. These current issues are short-term and don't have to affect your long-term goals.
Breathe! It'll be okay.

Mutha Mae said...

Look, I'm going to get booed for saying this, but you worked too damn hard and waited too damn long for that baby. Do whatever it takes to enjoy every moment with her. It passes way too quickly. The career and money will be there whenever you are ready for it. She will never be that age again. Old fashioned of me, whatever. I already missed eight months of Juna's life when she was in the orphanage. I'm not missing any more.

Judi said...

No booing from me, MuthaMae. I'm a divorced kid who's mom had to go to work when I was 2, and spent the next 10 years in one form of daycare or another. I hated it: I wanted my mom. It affected a LOT of areas but especially how I viewed starting a family - got married at 49, and am a China PAP at 53. If I thought my future child would ever be in daycare, I wouldn't become a parent, and this I decided in my teens. Babyhood/childhood is just TOO important, and like you said, MM, fleeting. For families who can afford it, stay home.
Yeast infection? Yikes! And stubborn, too. Is it possible that it's a combo yeast and something else that's making it hang on?