Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Sigh of Relief...

I made it thru seperation from my child!!! :) I had to go into work today, so awesome friend L came to stay with H. Now, of course, L is the one outside of the family that H is most comfortable with by far. We all played together for a 1/2 hour, and then I put her down for her nap and said I'd be back after lunch...

L said she woke up, and when she went in, she was ok, a bit confused, but rode with the change. Few minor crabbies, but nothing serious...some diaper changes, a lunch and lots of book reading later, mama came home to a giant grin. But, it was cool, after the initial tug on the pants for hugs before I put my stuff down, she happily went back to playing with, L and her toys and mama once I got my bag put away...no crazy clinginess like the last week or so! And, I thought I had doomed myself to a no nap kinda afternoon...but she went down and she's been out for 1.25 hours! Longer than any nap in at least 4 days. Yay! L tired her out!

And, mama didn't call till about an hour before she was going to come home. (Yeah, I know I was only gone 4 hours! What's it to you?!) I wanted to on my way to the office, but I called P instead and distracted myself.

It was a small step, but a good step, and that's way better than I could have hoped for. My mom (I know, I know, what am I thinking?), is coming Friday to watch her while I go in and P works from home. I'm going to make him work part of the day in the office upstairs so she gets some distance.

This is a good start, but, I can't tell you how my heart broke as I drove away...

No comments: