Friday, May 23, 2008

Reflections on Salmonella

OK, did I spell that right? Honestly...I really don't care. Sorry, not dedicated to my craft today. The last 2 days have been some of the worst of my life I think. I've had food poisoning before, but never when another totally adorable life is counting on me, cause she can't reach the cheerios...
  • I vow to never ever ever get in a bar fight or anything else that will make me feel like that supposed "punched in the stomach" feeling that I had in my stomach, kidneys, head and back that I've had for the last two days.
  • I understand the greatness of the dry Cheerio, as H has been trying to explain to me for weeks. I submit to your wisdom on the matter, H. I truly do.
  • The worst thing about having food poisoning with a child is that they so seriously do not understand. Or they pretend not to. But they don't get super picky about what they eat when at meals, so I think they do know. (No, thankfully, H did not get it.)
  • The worst of the worst is when your spouse gets it too. The theoretical question is: is it better to be the one that's really dead (and therefore get to sleep on the couch), or the one that's only mostly dead, and therefore you get to be the one to keep the child occupied and cared for?
  • Toilet porcelain feels so good against your cheek at 2 in the morning.
  • If you roll up the bathroom mat, it makes a totally decent pillow.
  • I will never ever again say "one bout of food poisoning would get my last few pounds off to get to my target weight." in jest. I swear on a dark chocolate truffle on that one. With my right hand raised.
  • I'm still not at my damn target weight. What the hell?!

So, that's been life in the InSanity Household. Husband is back at work today. I'm walking and 70% alive. The grandma is coming to help out this afternoon so I can get this house a bit back on it's feet. Have a good 3 day weekend peoples...

3 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

THe sickest of my life was when I got salmonella. That was pre kids. I don't know how you two pulled off parenting with that! Good job!! You are parenting warriors now.

Nyt said...

Ooohh the ugly! I've lived the dream...wash EVERYTHING! Besides my obvious case of OCD, I learned when I had it (on and off for 6 weeks) that the fiendish little protozoa live wherever it might be damp. And the little buggers can live for a good long time...call if you need help...

Judi said...

Haven't checked in here for a while and OMG! This is awful! I'm so sorry this happened to you two. Have been ill before on bad food but not salmonella. Hoping your recovery continues quick, quick.