Friday, March 14, 2008

I think we've started to hit our stride

OK, she fought the morning nap today, which is shocking, cause she got up early, by about an hour...but still, I think we're getting there.

Yesterday was really really good. We had a happy baby all day (she took one good nap, and snoozed for what I'm calling a small afternoon nap) - no nap = angry baby. She has anxiety about me leaving her in her crib now, so she won't close her eyes while I'm there anymore. Usually, it's a minute or 2 of crying and she's out. She found some new food she loved (yams and turkey baby mush for dinner, and then she tried tapioca. She LOVED tapioca.)

She also finally figured out how to roll over onto her stomach. She'd been fighting it for quite awhile (even just being on her tummy), but Dad's been working with her, and then her and I spent about an hour with O Cat in the library in the morning. Roll one way, see O in the sunbeam on the bench...roll the other way, all her favorite toys. She didn't roll over then, but she did it multiple times in the afternoon. And now she's proud of herself, so she giggles uncontrollably when she does it, sometimes so hard that she rolls back over in her fits! :)

She seemed to realize that she's not getting meds anymore, it had been a few days since the last doctor-related activity (the evil blood draw #1 - I'm trying to not relive it by telling the story), and she seems so happy about that.

She's waaaay into clapping, and she's learned to "give 5". I swear she said "itty" when she saw the cats twice yesterday, but P doesn't believe me. She makes kissy noises at them. And then giggles. She's sooooo close to talking. But, we've figured out a hand sign she's made up for when she wants more food, we think, so that helps us a bit too...a little less screaming since we started copying/responding to that. I think we'll get a lot less screaming once she makes the final steps to speech. She's so close, yet so far. She's making much more progress on that than her balance.

I don't want to say life is anything close to normal, I don't even know what normal is yet, but it's starting to feel right.

1 comment:

Mutha Mae said...

Would it help if I said it's totally normal to feel the way you've been feeling? I felt it with the bio kids and with Juna, too. I still feel it and I'm somewhat experienced with this.