Saturday, March 15, 2008

Evil S-I-L

OK, can I vent? Pllllleeeeaaaaasssseeeeeee?!?!

You know my evil, self-absorbed, SIL, right? The one who is going to be the world's most bestest auntie ever...the one who said she was going to take H to DisneyWorld and the beach, and let her dog lick her and give her kisses (yeah, that's a great wish for my new kid for her 100 wishes quilt...dog spit.)

The one who hasn't bothered to do squat for her new niece?

She posted on our private, mommy-blog about a week ago (I hate to admit I have one for the family...so sue me, I'm a hypocrite...yes, I post all the "happy" baby updates for them) about how cute H was, and that she was so happy that she is the only one who can "officially" call herself H's aunt.

The one who was invited to the shower and didn't come (I understand, she lives out of state), but didn't send a card or a gift. Or even email.

The one, when she heard how sick we were on the trip didn't even send us an email to check on us.

The one who hasn't sent an email to check on her new special niece.

The one who hasn't sent a card for her new niece.

The one who hasn't called either...

The one who hasn't sent a gift to her new niece.

Soooooo...she thinks someday I'm going to send my kid down to see her?! What exactly is this witch smoking?! Cause I want some of that fairy dust...

The inlaws are coming a month from now to meet H for a weekend (they have a conference, so they can come up no cost, cause that's what matters)...so, we ask, are you bringing SIL? The one who wants to see H so bad?

No...she's saving her vacation time for this summer's big trip.

Can't wait to see the effort she makes for H's bday in 2 weeks. Yeah, she's a great aunt...I'm sooooo impressed.

Keep dreaming lady.

5 comments:

Peg said...

She sounds like fun. You are not alone. I have a sister who doesn't even ask how the adoption is going which I guess is better because I'm not expecting anything more when our daughter arrives.

Take it as a blessing that she isn't involved. It sounds like H will not be missing anything special. Fill H time wihout people that love and care.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Ok I'm not blood but H is my niece through and through. H will know who really cares about her and E can live in her dementional fantasy world!

Judi said...

Agreed, Lisa. This one's on her own planet - population: 1. And may I say that you sound wonderful. Aunties are awesome!

Sue said...

It is sad that she sounds like she wants to be a good aunt but doesn't know how. She won't get to know the joys of having a neice, of loving a sweet little girl. No worries about her taking H on a trip - my guess is that H is going to wonder "who the heck is this person" and have nothing to do w/ her anyway. And you won't need to say a thing - Ms. H will let her aunt (by blood but not in name) know she is nothing but a stranger.