Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Do I Look At All Organized?!

This is where we are at...does it look like I'm at all prepared?!?



Of course, all this will be distributed between 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons, this is just all in one catproof suitcase for now.



This is odd for me, packing so much ahead of time! Of course, if the weather doesn't change, 1/2 of these clothes are going to come out and the heavy duty kid clothes are going to go in.



Do I look like a responsible parent yet?! :)



Okitty and Ekitty are starting to freak out. To Ekitty, the suitcase is the equivalent of the Anti-Christ. So, this bag being out for about 5 days now?! She's about to have a little kitty heart-attack. With a little kitty stroke on top of it for good measure!



So, we're getting thru this. I think we're mostly organized. I have to find someone who is willing to pick us up at the airport and endure the likely screaming of a restrained child in a car seat for the first time. The Dad unit is unable to do so. The mom unit?! I'm unable to do that one. Gonna start calling in friend-favors. The official excuse to the Mom?! She can't fit the luggage and us in the car...cost of not having me flip out at the airport when she says something really stupid and I'm jet-lagged and covered in some baby-substance that smells, and just being able to go home and (hopefully) sleep before that encounter?! Priceless.



OK, tell me what is really really stupid that I have that you can see in the picture...I can handle it!



Lastly, is anyone else addicted to Super Mario Galaxy for Wii?! It's been helping the time pass...so if you need a distraction - get a Wii and this game (and Godzilla, but P won't play it with me - he's trying to conquer Metroid). I opened up the kitchen last night - I could not kill spinning Bowser for the longest time! But I finally did him in last night in his castle, and I have the whole kitchen world opened up to me now. It is sooo awesome.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am honored to be driving you guys home....(besides getting to see Ms H first). I will drive and drop unless of course you need some help.

Love ya

Sue said...

yup...looks like you are doing a-ok with the packing! Glad to see your friend has taken care of your airport ride home. (And maybe little H will be sleepy on her first ride...fingers crossed!).

I think you have it covered w/ the things to pack. Just popped in my head that you might want small scissors to cut the bottle nipples in case H likes her formula thick. And hopefully the weather will change soon... I don't envy you having to take thermals and lots of bulky winter clothes!

Two Pearls said...

Looks good! BTW, I am a volunteer "trainer" for soon-to-be-traveling parents with our agency. I'd be happy to share my obsessively detailed packing list if you think it might help. It probably makes some people neurotic to look at it, but hey, I'm a list person!

Looking back, the one thing I couldn't have done without is a 16 oz thermos. I filled it with hot, sterilized water each morning and put in the backpack for daytrips. Then, I just took a bottle of room temp water with me and mixed up the bottles on the go.

The one thing we didn't take that we wish we would have was a bigger bowl/container to wash dishes in the hotel room. We had a small one (like a 2-cup GladWare).

Two Pearls said...

Oops - meant to add...if you want the list, leave a comment on my blog and I'll get it to you.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

One little tip - take everything out of the original packaging so you have more space and less weight.

I agree about the scissors (or pocket knife) and the thermos. We took and used both lots.

Judi said...

Baby nail clippers? Yes, totally take stuff out of the packaging and store in ziplocks. Couple of toys, books? Do you and P each have an outfit in a carryon, along with any other basic item in case suitcases don't arrive? I know; bite my tongue. Laptop to stay in touch? Brand new dollars? How about paperwork: Do you have extra passport photos and lots of copies of the sig page? Your I-171H? Sense of humor? Given the weather, I think this is going to be some trip.
In case of snafus on the return trip, can (lucky) Lisa track flights online? Flights in and out of Guangzhou are notoriously late.