Thursday, December 13, 2007

Slowly Going Insane...

Sooooo....my agency, whom-I've-come-up-with-all-kinds-of-witty-and-insulting-plays-on-their-name-but-I'm-going-to-be-the-bigger-person, weeeelllll, they suck. Actually, that's one of the adjectives that I use ALOT in my funny renaming game. I drive down the road, being mad at them...simmering actually, and then POP! comes another funny one, and I can't wait till I can get one of my girlfriends-in-bitching on the phone to tell them what I've come up with now...

Hey - you could avoid a lot of awkward silence between me and your rep when we finally get to China, and I use one of my made up names to refer to your less-than-illustrious agency when I mean to say the real name...if you would just GET OFF YOUR ASS, AND PAY MORE THAN 19.99USD FOR OUR TRANSLATIONS OF OUR CHILDRENS' FILES, SO THAT THEY COME IN LESS TIME THEN IT IS GOING TO TAKE FOR THE NEXT ICE AGE TO ARRIVE.

Is that clear enough for you?

If you wanted to placate me, you could actually give me her stats (weight and such) like you did another family, even though you said you can't translate that (I soooo know that's not hard), and her picture...cause guess what - it doesn't matter...she's my daughter.

Again, verstehe dich?

7 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

Have you even seen her picture yet?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I never heard of such a thing!! It will be a week tomorrow that we have had her picture for! Then they sent the translation on Monday. I would be afraid to travel to China if I were you, just by the way they are screwing around with your photo. This is really going to slow you down at least another week or so! We already have a travel meeting set up, all our acceptance letters returned, and all of us are applying for our visas. Boy, I feel horrible for you. You should go directly to whoever is in charge and demand her photo!

Ashley said...

To be waiting for her picture, this long, is cruel! I hope you get to gaze into her eyes soon. After waiting so long for a referral, they should be doing everything humanly possible for your right now. I don't know you, but I'm ticked off for you!

ISO(In)sanity said...

Actually, in b***ing to a vp that I managed to get a phone # for, they claimed it is because they use a very trusted translator.

I told him that was bullshit - we translate documents here ALL THE TIME that go into things like installation manuals for things, that if installed wrong, blow up your house. So, I think I know what it takes to get a good translation.

Basically, my agency SUCKS as communication, but (gulp) though I hate to admit it, they do excel at paperwork and getting things done in China. They only screw with your emotions, not with getting things correct.

I take issue with the fact that a week later, they still can't commit to a date.

Judi said...

That is SUCH b.s.! If it takes a translator this long, then they AREN'T trustworthy; they're just slow and apparently not very good at what they do. What a lame a** excuse. Ehrlich! Beyond comprehension.

Judi said...

Mamasita, is there ANY news?

Ashley said...

Any news??? I hope you are able to see your daughter soon! (like NOW!)