Sunday, December 23, 2007

Big Baby & Dim Sum

I was going to finish my step-mom's scrapbook today for Christmas, and then P reminded me that awhile ago we had talked of doing our Christmas today! Think he could have reminded me earlier! (Of course, I should have remembered too...)

Sooooo....
P and I started a new tradition today: We went thru a blinding, blowing snowstorm to our most favorite Chinese restaurant in the world and had AMAZING dim sum. We've gotten dim sum from there before, but we've usually picked up our few favorites on top of our other favorites from there. I've been going to this place since I was about 10 - a total of 23 years, I realized!!!

We had shanghai pork buns, bbq pork buns, spring rolls, fried green beans, bean paste skin with pork, onion pancake, shrimp toast, and giant sesame rolls and steamed coconut rolls for dessert. (Don't worry, I'm not going to eat dinner...or breakfast...or lunch, tomorrow!)

The lovely woman who owns the restaurant has known about our adoption, so I showed her the pics of H. Her first response (the same as the rest of our Chinese friends, actually!): Ohhhhh....big healthy baby! She's soooooo big! She's a big big baby. Lucky baby. She will be large and tall, taller than us Cantonese. She has big bones. You know, she'll like spicy food. She's such a big baby!

Then she went on to tell us that we have to adopt again (after I assured her that we will not get pregnant now), because one baby is "stressful and troubling." Huuuummmmmm....P can't deny me now, the woman who feeds us well has told us we have to do this again!

Now, what do I have to do?!? Cram and jam on one pet scrapbook before 4 pm tomorrow.

Oh, and the IA doc said I had a "bruiser-ette" baby. I guess H isn't the petite tiny baby I imagined for the last 2 years! She's still completely perfect....

Next year, we'll be ordering dim sum for three...

No comments: