Thursday, December 18, 2008

Feeling that Dating-Butterfly Feeling...

We have our first visit with our new SW for the Taiwan adoption Saturday. I thought I would have this down...that I'd feel low-key and confident this time around. I did ok getting thru the initial paperwork, though I had the "little snafu" with the one moron employee that cost us 4 months that pissed me off...I still didn't get as torqued and worried about every little word/nuance/change in plan with this adoption. I felt and feel confident in the weird comforting feeling of deja vu, of the feeling of familiarity with the tediousness and the formality of the process...I somehow feel comfort in the process, knowing and feeling the process working.

Now, with this SW coming, I've gone back to that oh-my-dear-gawd-I-hope-she-likes-me panic mode.

Why? Why do I do this to myself? It is what it is, they will approve us, or they will not. There's no reason why we wouldn't be approved.

I guess I'm still a nervous teenager at heart at the old age of 34...

No comments: