Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm Jet-laggy...

Somehow, I've become jet-lagged again! I'm so tired, I can't even tell you! And then, ever stinking night, I wake up around 3am, and I just can't go back to bed. I'm not even really thinking about anything in particular, I just...lay...there. Last I checked, I haven't taken any Asian flights in over a month, yet I'm having more jetlag now, than when we came back with The Peanut.

Sooooo....what's new in life? Well, in homage to Family Guy, I've got a lot Grinding my Gears...

  • The SIL? The Peanut's Birthday? Nothing. Nada. Zero. Not a peep, not a card, nothing. Witch. Good thing that her "Aunt of the Year" jacket was backordered.
  • Early Intervention. Hah. I should have known better than to willingly engage a government organization! I always...always...come away just thinking "let me at this place for a month - I'll straighten these morons out! Sooooo...basically, I'm a first-time parent, totally uneducated in a book sense in child development. What's the first step of EI? Send us a 5 page survey and have US evaluate the child. Then they decide if your kid is messed up enough, or if the parents are too stupid to fill out the form, to come out and actually look at the kids themselves with their educated eyeballs. I don't think H is bad. Her balance stinks, and she can't feed herself squat. But, hello....if you went to college for this, would you maybe notice that she drags her foot, or rolls it to the outside, or turns her head to look at things in a way that triggers something in your brain, but doesn't in my highly-educated political science brain??? Hummmmm...novel concept.
  • My agency? The 1 month meeting we were supposed to have on all the "once you get home" adjustment stuff AND paperwork hell? Haven't even gotten a call. My SW is also supposed to check on us by the rules of our state. She emailed me 1 week after home asking to send a pic if I get time...said she wanted to talk "sometime this week." I emailed her that Friday, she said she "just wanted to check in." Did I ever get a call? I wonder if she's written the 1 month report already, cause, really, seeing the kid is just a formality! Well, I've already got her readoption in works, her CoC is of course hopefully being worked on, and I've got 2/3 of the damn EI evaluation form filled out. (But I have news for them - I refuse to teach my child to throw things for their stupid checkbox...dada has a flatscreen and baby has some hard toys - we're not going to teach that pony that trick.)
  • Mama was promised a pedicure. This spa that I have a gift certificate from last August for - they have cancelled 3 appts on me over the last 6 months. I was just pissed.
  • Husband: Does he look at the food stuff I've pulled out for The Peanut's party Saturday? No. Sometimes, I leave him to play with her in the morning, to bond with her. He has her at her piano toy, and he's reading the business section next to her. Hello?!?!
  • My clone at work?! He's telling people he doesn't know why I'm going to bother to come back...he has it all under control. I'm sorry buddy, but I designed all those systems, and you've already messed with one website I told you that I was having someone else cover, and you are forgetting stuff, and you aren't cc'ing me...you are smart, but you are 21, still want to be a rock star and 5 other professions...I don't think we'll be putting all those eggs in your basket. Bite me...I'm still the web goddess, don't fuck with me. I will put you down.
  • I can't even watch the news anymore, I'm so pissed off at this housing thing...now there is a bill in Congress to give judges the right to reduce your mortgage, change the terms of your mortgage etc etc etc...hello? We were qualified for more money than we spent, and we felt a smidge on the high side, but we knew we'd be ok, it was a confidence thing. We looked at the in column and the out column...and figured it out. And I've never been late, and I always pay something extra...what part of "lowest percentage rates in 35+ years" did you not understand when you got that ARM mortage? What part of "adjustable", "balloon" and "interest only" (don't get me going on that one - rent with property tax.) did you not compute in your head? What part of the spreadsheet made sense when they let you refi 125% of the value of your house when every stinking anyone who watched this stuff was using the words "housing bubble"? Why do I put my nose to the grindstone (and my husband's nose and his ass), work hard, only to get bumped to the next tax bracket and pay for more of your stupidity? I am seriously not a republican, I get and support a lot of social programs in our country, but, seriously, at some point, some people (and not all people in this situation are these people) need to learn their lesson the hard way. Sorry, but I just see how hard my husband and I worked...school, grad school, eeking bills during that time, using our noggins on waiting for kids (yeah, that burned my butt), scrimping and saving, not letting cc companies give us 15 credit cards, not taking all the money the bank would give us for a house...not putting in granite counter tops, not eating out at a ritzy restaurant every week...you know...common sense stuff, and sometimes you just get sick of it. This country has a problem with personal responsibility sometimes.
  • My mother keeps telling me that I shouldn't be feeding my kid "all these new foods." I was chastized for giving her homemade vegetable lasagna. Yeah, with all that good stuff in it, all crumbly and chopped tiny. She got to mess me up - she's got to leave me alone to mess up my kid! And if she says to my kid one more time "H, hold on...mommy...oh, gramma is going to get you a xxx in a minute", I'm going to bitch-slap her. I think she can figure out at 61 that she didn't go to China to bring home this child!

OK, I'm done...thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully they won't cancel my pedi on Thursday, and my kid will break that molar in the back, and I can sleep thru whatever storm we have tonight.

I haven't posted any pics of H's bday, cause, well, I have family in the pics, so I'm going to wait till the party this weekend. I'm all about the asking to post people, and I don't want to open that can of worms, cause they don't know I hang out with y'all.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Whew. Hope this post made you feel better! And your dh isn't alone....mine does that too.

EI. Well, we've been through it twice. DD1 needed speech. It was a great experience for us - the eval was great as was our therapist. Lots of good info to use on DD2. (we were in PA for this). DD2 had an eval for gross motor. She was doing ok but I wanted to make sure she didn't have anything physically wrong w/ her (didn't walk til 18m so that was the big reason for EI eval. And turned foot outwards too but they said it was for balance). anyway, that was in IL. 1 eval woman rubbed me the wrong way - was insisting speech delay but DD actually was speaking quite well. Other 2 evaluators were good. Didn't need services at all but I'd say it is worth the evaluation to really learn some new things and for the overall assessment. Good Luck!

Two Pearls said...

I am SOOOO with you on the personal responsibility and people leaving beyond their means thing. Drives me nuts. And now the responsible ones will have to bail out all the overspenders.

Love your blog...it makes me realize I'm not the only one who feels the way I do sometimes. I need to vent more!!! Maybe I'd feel better! :)