Friday, April 18, 2008

The Bed was rocking and rolling...

Hah! Got your interest there, didn't I? Don't you remember that I have a new peanut-ette in the house? Get your brains out of the gutter (and all the rest of your body parts).

Diaper rash? Gone. Rash on back? The new topic du jour. No idea why. It's icky looking, but getting better - red but I don't know if that's from H itching against the highchair, but I think red blotches with whitehead zits in the splotches. She looks like a bear marking her territory when she's in the highchair or the pack n play. If I didn't want to cross the border of creepy, I'd post up the pic I took for the doc on Tuesday and get an opinion from y'all.

Oh, and the bed??? Yeah...we had an earthquake. Well, technically IN did, but, well, they are friendly folk and they like to share. About 4 years ago, P swore he felt the 4 that was down by MO and I thought he was crazy...we have an armoire, big heavy wood thing, and one door has a 1/4 inch give on it, and he said that it shook...well, last night we both sat up in bed and heard that door going for at least a good 10-15 seconds. I didn't sleep after that for awhile. One of the reasons I cite to not live in Kal-i-forneea (though it'd be cool to hang out with Judi) is that I don't want to be swallowed by the ground. I've lived in this major metropolitan area my whole life (yes, I've gone to CA and lots of earthquake places for vacations a lot, but well, I can't explain it - it's not a phobia, just a preference to not be swallowed) and now twice? Sorry, this is too much for me...do I have to move to Canada?

1 comment:

Judi said...

What was the magnitude? I've yet to read a post that gives this. Sounds like it was a whopper though since people in so many states felt it. The ground opening up to swallow you is only Hollywood fx. It doesn't happen so that's an image you can banish from your brain. It's the things flying around the room that are dangerous. Protect your head, stay where you are and ride it out. Sounds like you did. And I hope you never have to feel another.