Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Now, I'm Just Being Messed With...

First off, by a 22 Month-old:
The last 3...yes, 3 things that I have bought/made for dinner that I knew...really knew...that she liked/would eat, she wouldn't eat. I'm so sick of the picky. But whatever, she doesn't want it, she doesn't want it. I put it on her plate, tried to feed it to her...nothing. The last blob on my plate...every single time...she starts howling for, and gobbles it up. I'm talking, things like the tetrazini, we ate for 3 or 4 nights. Only wanted it on the last night, the last bit. Oy. At what age can you tell a kid "I know you love this, at 17 months, you almost pulled the (cold) pan of it from my hands...eat up!"??????

The SIL:
Well, it hasn't gotten any easier. There's been emails, calls etc etc as y'all know. P nicely inferred a threat of cancellation by the whole Party of 3, and she emailed me a 3 line apology for the F off. Nothing else. Not the dress, not the flight stuff, not doing anything caring about H the past year, nothing. I sent a long email, I even explained myself on something that I didn't have to (why we didn't call from China for $3 a minute while deathly ill but called my friend who had access to our blog to tell everyone everything...and talk to her boss, H's ped), because they were apparently hurt by that, even though they shouldn't have been...and in true family fashion, instead of telling us that, they just stew. So, have I gotten a response? No. P says he's going to make her talk to me. I said, well, that's kinda pointless, cause you a) can't, and b) it makes it moot, seeing as she doesn't want to give a rats ass.

So, she apologized just enough that if I don't come to the wedding, I'm the bitch. Check. I get it. It's not checkmate yet, I just have to figure out my way out...cause I'm done. She will have only a cursory relationship with me, and my daughters. P, well, that's up to him.

No comments: