Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

Tonight, just a recap...

We've had 2 illnesses sweep the house - the evil, nasty, washing-machine-overloading flu, and my personal un-illness (according to the doc) evil death cough that keeps me up at night. I've never wanted to cry so badly as when I saw my daughter sick with the flu...we got sick within a day of when we got sick a year ago in China....

We had many anniversaries here...P's birthday, H's Family Day, H's 12 month post-placement is done, and, today, the 1 year anniversary of H coming to her new home. Amazing dates I couldn't imagine we would ever get to, and here they are, seemingly in the blink of an eye. Soon, we'll have our official start date for our wait for Taiwan...

My baby this week has learned how to express possession, so the days are passed with talking about mama, dada and peanut's things...blankets, forks, cheeks, hair, books etc. It's amazing and I'm blown away - a year ago, I could not have imagined her being at this point.

Hopefully, I'll sleep tonight, and I'll get well enough to get out into the world again and then have something interesting to talk about...there's no way to express the emotions of the last 2 weeks with H, illness lows, anniversary highs, so I'm not going to try...

Happy Anniversary, Peanut.

No comments: