Thursday, July 31, 2008

Subliminal Advertising...

OK, I'm not a religious-crazy-spin-the-Judas-Priest-album-backwards-and-find-the-satanic-message kinda person...

But, you start to wonder sometimes...seriously, I need to talk to the people at White Castle and Tractor Supply Company. I understand why my child stops and stares at a tv that she really doesn't care about when the TSC commercial comes on, seeing as it employed about 50 dogs to run thru a field. She points and screams "doooo" as much as possible in 30 seconds. I don't get why she cackles manically while doing it though. It's kinda freaky...

And Whitecastle? What do they get out of brainwashing my kid? I don't know, but they must have put something in their commericals, cause every...stinkin'...time my kiddo sees that commercial, she stops and is mesmerized...Mind you, she hates, hates, hates, hamburgers. I would understand Mattel, sell those Barbies to my little growing mind wrapped in a cute body, but sliders?!?!

I guess they are just getting her set up for being a consumer later in life when she needs to buy a tractor, overalls to wear while riding it, and needs some food to eat while plowing the back 40...

1 comment:

Judi said...

Because it's SO many dogs all running at the same time? It may be funny to her. I once knew a guy who fell out in his living room, seriously rolling on the floor screaming laughing, at seeing a herd of hopping kangaroos on tv. Thinking that maybe it's the same for H?