Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Moms with waaaaay too much time...

So, in the mail last night, I received a catalog for an on-line announcement/card company...(I won't go into the idocy of that oxymoron. Let's just say that I work in the print industry and I've come to realize how much of us are unnecessary.)

Inside on page 30-some is a cute little foldover card in the hot dark brown and accent tones. It says on it, I am not shitting you:
"Let's get together for a playdate!"

And inside it has the super-chic, wanna be Gwyneth/Jennifer/Angelina moms info, with a little week laid out in a grid under it. I guess you just put the time in the right box under the right day of the week!?! Like a dental appointment?

If your kid has that big a social calendar that:
a. You have to order these in bulk...
b. You have so many to write out you can't email/write your addy on a piece of paper without seriously impacting your yoga/baby and me/baby french/baby fencing/wine tasting/baby particle physics class schedule...
c. The circle of friends is so wide that your "friends" don't know where you live...
I personally hypothize that you're teaching your kid the wrong priorities in life. And you kid probably never sees, hummmm, oh that's right...You.

But that's from a plain-Jane midwest mom, I'm not kewl like y'all, I guess. And I like it that way.

1 comment:

Vaughn Mathis said...

Oh My Gosh. Thank You. I am glad I am not the only one that feels like this!